Your Wardrobe Contingency Plan
What do you do when the office held you a bit too long, now you’re running late for date night? Or what about those impromptu brunch plans with the girls? What do you select with just that sliver of time you have to get dressed?
Some of you may know exactly what you would wear and others would be stuck in their tracks trying to figure out the best clothing option for a quick change. That is why you need a back up plan for your wardrobe. For me, having a few maxi skirts on hand always does the trick. Easy to dress up or down and always comfortably chic.
It's important to make sure you have your wardrobe 911 plan in place. Here are a few tips to make sure you’re always runway ready:
- Keep a dazzling statement necklace in a safe place in your bag. A statement piece can transform any outfit.
- Belt your blazer. Keep a chic, skinny belt in your desk drawer, and add it to your daytime attire to spruce it up.
- Wear part of your evening ensemble to work. It’s okay. You can do it. Wear your maxi skirt to work and bring a graphic tee to change into.
- Pop Your Lip Color. Want to jazz up your look? Add a bold lip color to your business suit, and you’re ready to go.
- Add a pattern to your pantsuit. Your professional wear can sometimes be conservative and simple. Leopard, stripes, polka dots, Ankara prints, and many other prints can make your outfit stand out.
No matter the occasion, don’t arrive well beyond "fashionably late" because you just couldn't decide how to make your outfit POP! Tag us in one of your Wardrobe 911 outfits with us on Instagram.
Leave a comment